It’s the first day of August and I thought I’d lay out what I’m planning to do for the rest of this month. Of course what I plan to do and what I actually do are two completely different things but if I am to get this Ep done and dusted by the end of September I’ve got to have some kind of plan to work to.
So here is what I plan to do:
1) By 7th August – Finish mixing the first song and upload it to Reverb Nation so you can hear what I’ve been up to and let me know what you think. Have a glass of wine to celebrate.
2) By 14th August – Finish vocals and mixing on second song and have a beer to celebrate.
3) By 21st August – Finish drums, guitar, bass & other musical parts for 3rd song. Have a number of beers to celebrate while basking in the sun.
4) By 28th August – Finish vocals and mixing on 3rd song, start putting together 4th song and get completely smashed to celebrate the end of the summer.
5) By 31st August – Have most of 4th song recorded ready to put vocals down and spent September mixing.
What will actually happen:
1) By 7th August – I’ll have thought about finishing the mix of the first song but decided my attic is far too hot to work in this heat. I’ll have a couple of beers and do some gardening instead.
2) By 14th August – I’ll be pissed off that I missed my first deadline so will have a beer to consolidate my failures.
3) By 21st August – I’ll decide that yes I really should get the first track finished and have a beer while I think about it.
4) By 28th August – It’s bank holiday weekend so I’ll have a beer, enjoy the misery of the pissing rain that has well and truly signalled the end of summer (until we get a heat wave in late September).
5) By 31st August – I’ll be pissed off that I missed my own deadlines and decide to put the Ep back another month or so.
At least I have a plan, after all as the saying goes “failing to plan is planning to fail”. Well I’m planning to plan to fail so it’s a double negative which we all know makes a positive. See my crazy logic does make some kind of sense.
Anyway, enjoy the rest of the summer and I’ll let you know how I get on.